4x4 Car Insurance
Providing 4x4 car insurance specifically designed for this type of off-road vehicle.
The increase in premiums for owning and driving a large 4x4 vehicle could be as much as 20%, over standard UK car insurance. This is because insurance companies classify 4x4 vehicles in the higher insurance group because of their off-road capability, and of the potentially higher cost of damage repairs.
You will however find that nearly all UK car insurance companies recognise the fact that most 4x4's are not taken off-road and will be happy to provided standard car insurance subject to conditions.
We have brought together a number of the most competitive UK insurers to help you find the best deal for your 4x4. Covering most makes and models:
- BMW - X3, X5
- Audi - Allroad
- Chevrolet - 4x4
- Hyundai - Terracan, Tuscon
- Isuzu - Trooper
- Jeep - Cherokee
- Land Rover - Freelander
- Lexus - R300, R400h
- Mercedes - M Class
- Mitsubishi - Shogun
- Range Rover - Vogue
- Suzuki - Grand Vitara, Jimny
- Toyota - Land Cruiser, RAV 4
- Volvo - XC, XC90
There a number of things you can do to lower your premiums. we have listed a small selection below for your guidance:
- Add an older driver onto the policy
- Use the vehicle only on Saturday and Sunday's
- Restrict the mileage
- Choose to pay a higher excess
- Try not to modify the vehicle
- Keep the 4x4 garaged overnight
- Fit a Thatcham Category 1 security alarm system, with tracker if possible.
4x4 cars have become increasingly popular with families living in towns and suburbs. There arguments for increased safety and practicability however are not shared by all.
In fact many individuals and groups have consistently complained of the emissions put out into the environment, and the increased danger to other road users. There have also recently been vandalism to some 4x4 vehicles, pushing car insurance 4x4 premiums still higher.
Many of the best providers will deliver some or a combination of the following features and benefits:
- In the event of an accident - replacement of your vehicle with a brand new car of the same make and model if available
- Cover personal effects in your 4x4 car up to agreed limit
- Free roadside assistance for your 4x4
- Subscription to Full Road Rescue
It is important to shop around to find the lowest possible quote. we would advise contacting both specialist 4x4 vehicle brokers and mainstream car insurance companies. For the latest 4x4 car insurance info. Including insurance brokers and companies. You can obtain insurance quotations at the most competitive rates from a wide range of leading 4x4 and off-road vehicle insurers.